Thursday, November 18, 2010

7 Days

...until Thanksgiving!

As much as I love Yale, the past few weeks have been a frenzied whirlwind of academic assignments and evaluations, extracurricular obligations*, company presentations/info sessions** and time-sensitive soul-searching***. I'll have a much-needed break when I fly home Saturday, and I couldn't be more excited.

This does mean that I'll be missing The Game, but it's away this year, and as you might have guessed, I'm not terribly upset that I won't be passing out on the floor of some common room in Cambridge. Besides, Harvard's men may fight to the end, but Yalies get the whole week off for Thanksgiving.

*Editing and designing the Fall 2010 issue of Business Sphere magazine has consumed an inordinate amount of time over the past couple weeks (mostly because I've never used InDesign before and am teaching it to myself through a process of trial-and-error). But it's almost done! (I'll post a copy online soon.)

**November: the beginning of the feeding frenzy that is the series of the almost daily company presentations (i.e. consulting firms and investment banks) and other career events.

***Newsflash: I'm not sure what I want to do for the rest of my life. Perhaps this decision should be made by popular vote—text 1 for law school, 2 for finance, 3 for consulting, 4 for a start-up or 5 for sailing around the world.