Monday, October 12, 2009

Parents' Weekend

Happy Columbus Day (except there's nothing especially happy about the fact that we had classes today).

Also, considering how much cooler Wurst and Bier are than smallpox and colonization, there is a much more important occasion to celebrate today, in my opinion:
  • 1810- first Oktoberfest: the Bavarian royal family invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
wotd:
Bierleichen: people who pass out from drinking too much (German Bier: beer + Leichen: corpses)

In honor of Ludwig I:
musicians at the Hofbräuhaus in Munich
(founded in 1589; also the site of my brother's first beer)

me wearing a traditional Bavarian hat (many moons ago)
. . .

This past weekend was Parents' Weekend =
  • my awesome parents
  • lots of good food
  • New York
  • five boxes of Quaker Golden Maple Oatmeal Squares