Thursday, January 28, 2010

Underwhelmed

The past 24 hours have been a series of disappointments:

Yesterday, 12:55 pm
I can eat lunch, or I can wear skinny jeans, but I can't do both. At least not if I plan to breathe.

Yesterday, sometime after lunch
The iPad is awkward, bizarre, and completely unnecessary. No wonder Apple share prices fell 4% immediately after Steve Jobs unveiled his gadget. And is changing one letter (from iPod to iPad) really the best naming idea the company could come up with? At least it's relatively cheap.

Yesterday, 10:00 pm
Politicians should stop using the term "root canal" as a metaphor for unpopular policy decisions. Now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure what a root canal is, exactly. In my opinion, the 2010 State of the Union Address was fairly balanced but not particularly inspiring and a bit too deficit-happy. Senator Harry Reid's yawn was pretty epic, though.

This morning
Woke up in a winter wonderland. If it's going to be cold, it might as well snow and look nice, right? Unfortunately, the mercury wasn't too cooperative today, and New Haven is now covered in an uneven layer of mushy, unvirginized snow (which may interfere with plans that involve borrowing trays from Commons and a hill named Science).