- It is raining in New England and snowing in Houston.
- Democrats are considering using the budget reconciliation process to push through a $950 billion health care plan.
- The Russian government will be issuing international bonds.
- The U.S. government is embracing nuclear power plants.
- Wall Street bonuses rose 17% in 2009.
- North Americans dominated ice dancing in the Olympics.
- Also in Vancouver, the American hockey team beat the Canadians.
- The Hummer H3 meets new fuel-efficiency standards for imported cars in Japan.
- The head of Korea's state-funded tourism agency is a German who wants to turn Korea into "Asia's Switzerland."
- Our favourite Brit and Igor will be heading to a developing country for spring break. How will His Highness ever cope?
"If a composer could say what he had to say in words, he would not bother trying to say it in music."
- Gustav Mahler