Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adeus Moçambique

Upon a friend's recommendation, I stopped by the Parque dos Artesanatos this morning with a bag of old clothes I had been planning to donate and instead traded them for a few handicrafts before heading to the airport for my flight back home. Ended up picking up a small drum, sandalwood vases, a miniature guitar, painted masks, and two stone elephant figurines.

I don't think any attempt to summarize my time here would really do it justice. I can safely say that this has been the most physically as well as emotionally intense trip of my life. Breathtaking landscapes, unbelievable life stories, grinding poverty, and an ambitious start-up project, all on a steady diet of xima and malaria medication. Looking ahead: new perspectives, new friends, and loads of beautiful footage for our senior thesis. Até à próxima, Moçambique!