Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mergulho

Here's the view we woke up to today:



Spent the morning scuba diving (my first time!) with resident Divemaster Angela. Mozambique's long coastline evidently has some of the best dive sites in the world.
 
The newbs

After lunch, we spent most of the day reading and napping on the beach. I'm currently halfway through On the Road on Angela's Kindle. There's something beautifully incongruous about following Kerouac's misadventures across America while gazing out at the Indian Ocean.

Pemba Beach
Impromptu concert

"I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion."
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road


Finally understand JA's performance...